PARTNERS (Hiring Workers
through Miziwe Biik)
(2015 AGM Report)
POST SECONDARY STUDENT
Programs & Bursaries
Training / Employment
• Job Fair@Miziwe Biik (Info Flyer)
• Federal Government Procurement Program (Info Flyer)
• Career Workshops (Info Flyer)
• Mental Health First Aid Training (Info Flyer) FULL
• Call for Proposals 2016-17 (Info Flyer)
• Smart Serve Training (Info Flyer) Feb. 24th Resheduled to Feb.19th
• Indigenous Studies/Gauntlets
• Up-Coming Workshops
• Youth In Policing Initiative Workshop - Wisdom of Mkwa(Info Flyer)
• NEW - For Employers:
Staff Training Grants
Canada-ON Job Grant
• Aboriginal Pre-Employment Development Program (Info Flyer)
• Academic Training Programs
- Nginddaasmin Program
- Academic Upgrading
- Online GED
• Attention Post-Secondary Students (Info Flyer)
• Post-Secondary Bursary Awards Slide Show and 2016 Application (click here)
• Lee Secondary School Awards Slide Show and 2016 Application (click here)
External Job Postings
2 Trainee Positions:
> Aboriginal Peacekeeping Unit Trainee
> Employment Unit Recruiting Assistant Trainee
Internal Job Postings
2016 Youth in Policing Initiative Summer Program "WISDOM OF MKWA"
LOOKING FOR WORK
Employment Service can offer you resources, supports and services to respond to career and employment needs of individuals as well as your office or service needs and it can help these individuals on a path to higher skill training and employment.
INTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - 1 Position
EXTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - 1 Position
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
If you are a potential employer, we invite you to contact our Job Developer and and find out how we can connect and the worker best suited to your needs – as well as financial incentives for your business.
Miziwe Biik receives funding from Human Resources Development Canada through the Aboriginal Labour Force Development Circle to deliver the training programs to the Aboriginal community in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Miziwe Biik offers different funding programs to Aboriginal organizations and businesses, which all aim to assist with employing or training our clients. For more information please contact the office at: (416) 591-2310
For more info link to: Project Page/List
Our 27 week Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program in partnership with George Brown College and The Mill Centre (Dixon Hall Affiliate) prepares Aboriginal people for long-term employment to address the shortage of highly skilled Carpenters in the GTA.
Client Registration Form
Word Form: MBAET Services.
Grant Application Form (2016-2017)
Word Document: MBAET Grant Application.
Call for Proposals Information Package (2016-2017)
PDF Document: MBAET proposal Information.
ALFDC Program Descriptions
PDF Document: ALFDC & MBAET Programs.
2014 Bursaries - CLOSED
Lee Awards - High School
Award Application (2016)
AWARDS / BURSARIES
Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Online Campus
Obtain prerequisites for employment or other courses, gain new qualifications, or raise your awareness of Aboriginal Culture.