PARTNERS (Hiring Workers
through Miziwe Biik)
(2015 AGM Report)
POST SECONDARY STUDENT
Programs & Bursaries
Training / Employment
• Small Business Certificate Course (Info Flyer)
• Job Fair at Miziwe Biik (Info Flyer)
• Career Workshops (Info Flyer)
• Second Career Program (Info Flyer)
• Mental Health First Aid Training (Info Flyer)
• Call for Proposals 2016-17 (Info Flyer)
• Smart Serve Training (Info Flyer)
• Up-Coming Workshops
• NEW - For Employers:
Staff Training Grants
Canada-ON Job Grant
• Employment Essentials Program (Info Flyer)
• Academic Training Programs
- Nginddaasmin Program
- Academic Upgrading
- Online GED
• Post-Secondary Bursary Program Closed (Info Flyer)
• Apprenticeship Bursary Program Closed (Info Flyer)
• Post-Secondary Bursary Awards Slide Show and Application Now Closed (click here)
• Lee Awards Bursary Program Now Closed (Info Flyer)
• Lee Secondary School Awards Slide Show and 2016 Application Now Closed (click here)
External Job Postings
Internal Job Postings
• Job Fair at Miziwe Biik
• Small Business Certificate
SUCCESS STORIES 2014-2015
A collection of success stories from some of our programs and clients. Featured in:
Dr. "O" Oronhyatehka Mural (Video)
LOOKING FOR WORK
Employment Service can offer you resources, supports and services to respond to career and employment needs of individuals as well as your office or service needs and it can help these individuals on a path to higher skill training and employment.
INTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - 1 Position
EXTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - 1 Position
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
If you are a potential employer, we invite you to contact our Job Developer and and find out how we can connect and the worker best suited to your needs – as well as financial incentives for your business.
Miziwe Biik receives funding from Human Resources Development Canada through the Aboriginal Labour Force Development Circle to deliver the training programs to the Aboriginal community in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Miziwe Biik offers different funding programs to Aboriginal organizations and businesses, which all aim to assist with employing or training our clients. For more information please contact the office at: (416) 591-2310
For more info link to: Project Page/List
Our 27 week Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program in partnership with George Brown College and The Mill Centre (Dixon Hall Affiliate) prepares Aboriginal people for long-term employment to address the shortage of highly skilled Carpenters in the GTA.
Client Registration Form
Word Form: MBAET Services.
Grant Application Form (2016-2017)
Word Document: MBAET Grant Application.
Call for Proposals Information Package (2016-2017)
PDF Document: MBAET proposal Information.
ALFDC Program Descriptions
PDF Document: ALFDC & MBAET Programs.
Post Secondary/Apprenticeship Bursary Application (2016)
Click here for PDF document
AWARDS / BURSARIES
Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Online Campus
Obtain prerequisites for employment or other courses, gain new qualifications, or raise your awareness of Aboriginal Culture.
Partnership Grant Announcement
Aboriginal Economic Development Fund (AEDF) Toronto Region