Programs & Bursaries
Training / Employment
• Small Business
• Employment Info Session Express Scripts (Info Flyer)
• February Winter Job Fair
• 2017 Community Engagement (Info Flyer)
• Second Career Program (Info Flyer)
• Introduction to Construction (Info Flyer)
• Career Workshops (Info Flyer)
• Mental Health First Aid Training (Info Flyer)
• Up-Coming Workshops
• Employment Essentials Program (Info Flyer)
• Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Program
• Academic Training Programs
- Nginddaasmin Program
- Academic Upgrading
• Post-Secondary Bursary Program Closed (Info Flyer)
• Apprenticeship Bursary Program Closed (Info Flyer)
• Post-Secondary Bursary Awards Slide Show and Application Now Closed (click here)
• Lee Awards Bursary Program (Info Flyer) Please note: Deadline is Feb.28, 2017
• Lee Secondary School Awards Slide Show and 2017 Application Now Open (click here)
External Job Postings
• TPS Trainee Positions
Internal Job Postings
• Project Officer
SUCCESS STORIES 2015-2016
A collection of success stories from some of our programs and clients. Featured in:
Dr. "O" Oronhyatehka Mural (Video)
Partnership Grant Announcement
Aboriginal Economic Development Fund (AEDF) Toronto Region
LOOKING FOR WORK
Employment Service can offer you resources, supports and services to respond to career and employment needs of individuals as well as your office or service needs and it can help these individuals on a path to higher skill training and employment.
INTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - 1 Position
EXTERNAL JOB POSTINGS - 1 Position
Communications & Marketing Coordinator
If you are a potential employer, we invite you to contact our Job Developer and and find out how we can connect and the worker best suited to your needs – as well as financial incentives for your business.
Miziwe Biik receives funding from Human Resources Development Canada through the Aboriginal Labour Force Development Circle to deliver the training programs to the Aboriginal community in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Miziwe Biik offers different funding programs to Aboriginal organizations and businesses, which all aim to assist with employing or training our clients. For more information please contact the office at: (416) 591-2310
For more info link to: Project Page/List
Our 27 week Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program in partnership with George Brown College and The Mill Centre (Dixon Hall Affiliate) prepares Aboriginal people for long-term employment to address the shortage of highly skilled Carpenters in the GTA.
Client Registration Form
Word Form: MBAET Services.
Word Version PDF (form fillable Front page)
Grant Application Form (2017-2018)
Word Document: MBAET Grant Application.
Call for Proposals Information Package (2017-2018)
PDF Document: MBAET proposal Information.
ALFDC Program Descriptions
PDF Document: ALFDC & MBAET Programs.
Post Secondary/Apprenticeship Bursary Application (2016)
Click here for PDF document
AWARDS / BURSARIES
Post Secondary/Apprenticeship Bursary
Bursary Program for Canadian Aboriginal Post Secondary/Apprenticeship students.
Lee Awards - High School Bursary
LEE AWARDS Bursary Program for Canadian Aboriginal High School Students in Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Online Campus
Obtain prerequisites for employment or other courses, gain new qualifications, or raise your awareness of Aboriginal Culture.